6.04.2005

Meningitis, Hepatitis and the Monster

Eaten Today
Breakfast: oatmeal peanut butter honey cookies
lunch: salami and cheese on crackers
snack: oatmeal peanut butter honey cookies
dinner: popcorn and orange juice

resumes: none
exercise: managed about a half hour or so of yoga
bought: nada
hours on phone: less than two

God! I have had the most awful jaw/head pain all day. It actually started yesterday or maybe the day before but today, it is just plain irritating. I am not sure why I even have this pain. It isn't as though I go around chomping on bones or other hard edible matter. Actually, for at least the last two days, I have been gorging myself on oatmeal peanut butter honey cookies, popcorn and my main staple, Frosted Flakes. I took some asprin and laid down for a bit but, I am still in some pain. Being a crazy hypochondriac, I think I have meningitis or some other brain affecting disease. I have two interviews on Monday so I am definitely going to the doctor on Tuesday morning.

Mysterious Ex has not been feeling well lately. He says his stomach and side hurts and he's been complaining of joint pain. He went to the doctor earlier this week and his doctor ran some tests so he tells me today,

Mysterious Ex: my doctor says what he expected came out negative

Me (feeling quite nervous): what was your doctor expecting?

Mysterious Ex: he says it was more than likely not going to be that serious but he tested for hepatitis

Me: ewwwww, you have hepatitis? (I'm allowed to act stupid from time to time)

Mysterious Ex: Nooo, he said he wasn't expecting it and it came out negative

Me: So what's wrong with you?

Mysterious Ex: he's not sure, he wants to do a few more tests

Me: (thinking not saying) ewwwww, note to self, no more sex with M.E., and going to have complete blood work up done yet again

What is wrong with me? Why do I do this? If Mysterious Ex has a cold, I think automatically that he has AIDS or at the very least some other uncurable sexually transmitted disease. I should be very supportive saying "oh, it will be okay honey, I'm sure it's nothing" that is what a good girlfriend would do but me being the sicky I am, is thinking "oh God, I hope he hasn't given me anything, I wonder if flu can go through condoms" I'm so ashamed.

When I mentioned the jaw/head ache thing to The Heavenly One, she straight away was all, "do you want to go to the emergency room?" "are you hurting now?". She then called me at least once every hour to check up on me. I told her, "mommy, at least give me a chance to die before you call again". Needless to say she didn't think that was funny. I'm tired, between getting my hair done, fighting off my "illness" and worrying about my impending Mysterious Ex induced death, I'm beat.

No comments: