6.03.2005

ai, ai, ai

I wahsed my hair yesterday but didn't blow dry it so now I have this tri - mongous afro sitting on my head. I'll have to wash my hair again so I can blow dry it. I got up at like 2 in the morning to satch Resevoir Dogs, I ate a chef salad while I was doing so. I then realized at about 2:38 that my life was pretty boring. Just a short while ago I would have been up at 2 in the morning shaking my butt or at the very least drinking in some club, but here I was, the highlight of my evening getting up to watch a movie I've already seen and eat. Wow.

I'm realizing without the Mysterious Ex - He whose name shall not be spoked here again conundrum, my life is pretty bland almost blah. Shall I go stir up some type of trouble for excitements sake? I think I'll just try the old and boring route for a minute or two. I gave Sam a bath this morning, he doesn't really like taking baths but, he tolerates them well. I trimmed him a bit, just to get rid of a bit of the length but he jerked and I had to give my baby the most pitifully short and weird looking haircut ever. I am consoled by the fact that it will grow out and as The Heavenly One always says, "it's just hair" but my poor baby, he has to go around looking like who did it and when.

I am waiting for my cousin T to come by, she is supposed to do my hair in this funky curly, crimpy, kind of way. It's already nearly 2 and I told M.E. I should be finished by 4, we'll see. He, Sam and I are supposed to go down to the boardwalk today just to walk around and shoot the shit. I kind of feel bad for all of the New Guy (I know I'm not supposed to say his name but didn't feel like coming up with another substitute, even though writing this proves that I did have time to come up with one) stuff earlier because Mysterious Ex has been so sweet lately. I can see that he's truly making an effort with us and it makes me very happy, I must admit that. At this point we have been together for nearly a year and a half and I can honestly say that this is the first time that I can see that he is making a concerted effort in our relationship. We were on the phone last night talking about whatever so when its time to hang up, I go, "Good night baby, feel better" (because he said he was not feeling well) he tells me, "you too sweetie, I'll talk to you tomorrow" we hung up and right away my phone rings again. I answer it and he goes "I love you, I just wanted to tell you that" I was so suprised, tight lipped Mysterious Ex?! I mean my God, I nick named the man "Mysterious Ex" of all things. So I go, "thank you, I love you too" he then goes, " I mean it, I love you" not knowing what else to say, I let out a rather girly "awwwwwwww!" I nearly had tears in my eyes. Even though I admittedly have been splitting my time with him and maybe have not been giving him the attention he was seeking, We've been back together since April with no major hulabaloo. I know it's only two months but believe me, I was not keeping a blog when he and I were going through it but God knows maybe I should have just for the reference.

No comments: