5.31.2005

!!!!! NEWSFLASH !!!!!

So, today I spoke on the phone with New Guy's WIFE of all people. WOW!!!!!!!!!
Mind you, I noticed that he had called like a day or two ago but, he didn't leave a message. Usually I know who called by my messages and then every few days or so I check my caller ID just to clear it out and such. She said she got my phone number from the phone bill, she noticed the number before but really didn't think much of it. She saw it again this month and saw the frequency at which we were speaking so she decided to give me a call. She sounded like a very intelligent and well educated woman and she and I had a very lengthy conversation about how he and I met, all the times we had gone out, what we did, etc. I felt terrible at first because believe me, it is not my intention to go around screwing with another woman's husband, that is the absolute last thing that I want to find my self apart of, it isn't something I would purposefully do but, this was not my fault. When I met New Guy, he was alone, he presented himself as a single and available man. Before we even went out the first time we spoke for about a month and not just quick "how are you?" type conversations, but long three, four, five and more hour converstions. One rainy weekend instead of going out we spoke on the phone ALL day Saturday and Sunday for like 12 hours each day. She told me they are in the process of moving to NYC, he already lives here because he got a job first and she is in the process of coming here which explains all the ample time he had to talk, woo and hang out with me. I mean, I spoke to this man WAY more than I ever speak to Mysterious Ex so, I was truly under the impression that he was a single and available person. Now the thing is this, it would be one thing for a man to present himself as being a married person seeking some hooch if that is what he were so inclined to do, (I am not supporting this in any way, shape or form) but, to present oneself as a single man and go on and on about how he wants to be in a relationship, how he wants to be with someone, how he wants to start a family, etc. WTF is that about? Why would he invest so much time in trying to get to know me, spend so much time charming me and basically making up lie after lie after lie? It's very scary to me to say the least. Here this man was inviting me on vacations, taking me to dinner, spending hours with me on the phone and in person and the whole time he is married. What is that about?!

I have been cheated on as a girlfriend and I know that hurts exceptionally, it is a very hard thing to get over, to know that someone you cared for and trusted has lied to you and has shared confidences with another person. I can not even begin to believe how this would feel if I were married to that person. It is almost un-imaginable. Here this woman is sharing this man's last name, she cahnged her identity to share her life with person, here she is moving her life from the Mid West to big horrible NYC and this man is screwing her over. To me, that is devastating. I don't know if I could handle it.

She thanked me for the information I gave her and actually said "I'm glad it was you and not someone else, you obviously are a smart girl". I'm not sure precisely what that meant, I took it as "thank God you're not some ghetto sounding hooch", but, ah well. She gave me her job and cell phone number and said she would be in touch. I had to run and tell The Heavenly One (my mom) so of course we sat around for like an hour or so discussing the evils of men (and women) but mostly men. Wow man, this is one for the books.

2 comments:

zoe xx said...

Well, I was NOT expecting that!

Hang in there girl.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today and I was trying to read from the beginning (after getting enthralled by the first few postings :)).... But I was really BLOWN by that one!! I swear that I was scolding you for not going out with the one whose shall not be mentionned... WOW! Like you said, this one is a classic for the books...

By the way, Fantastic Blog!!!