5.01.2005

I have to make some serious choices

Eaten:
Breakfast: Oatmeal and banana strawberry smoothie
Dinner: Rice, Chicken, Plantanos

Hours on phone: over 7 (it was rainy all day)

Resumes: 2 (it's Saturday)

Exercise: ha ha

Bought: Nothing today though, I have big shopping planned for next week

I cannot keep doing this. I feel as though I am leading New Guy on and that is something I don't want to do. I think this is the deal. I love Mysterious Ex and I would love if things worked out between us, but I feel as though I cam keeping New Guy on the back burner in case things don't work out between Mysterious Ex and I. I don't want to do that. I don't want to be that person. The thing is, he is a great guy and if there was no Mysterious Ex, I would totally dig him completely but, there is a Mysterious Ex so that complicates things to no end. The other thing is, if I had complete faith in Mysterious Ex, there would be no need for New Guy to still be around. Just the fact that I have him around proves that I don't truly trust where things are going with Mysterious Ex. I don't want to be that "what are we doing, where are we going" type girl but all jokes aside, I need to know. I am not 22 or 23 any more. I just can't aimlessly be in some relationship crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. There are certain things that I would like to do in life and I feel that I would like to be with someone who also wnat to do those things. The thing is, Mysterious Ex and I have spoken so much about "us" we've been through a WHOLE lot in the last year alone. I feel as though things are just beginning to come to a place where we are easing into a decent kind of relationship. Mind you thins has really only been going on for like a week. There are still some things between us that I feel a bit uncomfortable with but, I see where he's trying to make an effort. But, these same issues just don't exist at all with New Guy and I've known him for such a shorter period of time. What does this all say? I honestly have to say that I think I believe in fate and all that jazz. When Mysterious Ex and I got together, I thought it was fate working itself. I thought we were supposed to be together because we clicked so well but, we had huge communication problems, huge trust issues, we couldn't even have a simple disagreement without things getting totally out of control and turning into something so big and unneccesary. We keep getting back together, we keep trying to make it work but thus far, it hasn't. This last time has been the only time that we have tried together we talked things out, we decided what we wanted to do but this is the first time. Things are different in a sense but, we are the same people though we both want the same thing, old habits die hard, I know that. Is it better to leave what you know for something you don't know just because you think it may possibly be better? What happens if things don't work out there, after doing that, there is no going back and even with our problems, where in the world will I ever find another Mysterious Ex?

No comments: