4.22.2005

Wow

I told New Guy that I was going to concentrate on my relationship with Mysterious Ex. I felt as though I were not giving M.E. as much effort as he seems to be trying to give me. New Guy took it very hard. I was really surprised as I didn't know he liked me so much, we've only known one another for a few weeks. He tried thoroughly to convince me that Mysterious Ex doesn't have my best interest in mind. He tried to convince me to ignore M.E. and try a relationship with him. I have to say, I was moved. Only once in my life have I had a man try to go all out for me and that guy was a nut, literally. He tells me if things don't work out between Mysterious Ex and I that I should give him a call because he will be there and very interested. I hope that somewhere in the back of my mind I am not keeping this noted. I want things to work out with Mysterious Ex and I, he is a great guy and we get along fantastically. We have had some problems, yes, but not as big as problems I've had in the past in previous relationships and not as bad as some of the relationships other people I know are in. They are both great men, it is weird that that is the thing I have wanted for a long time, someone cool to just be with, I have the opportunity to do that with two very willing candidates and they happen to be around at the same time. I do love Mysterious Ex, I can see myself with him as a life partner, I see us together, raising children, paying bills, etc. But, New Guy does not seem like a bad candidate for that life. He is very interested in being married, in starting that life, he and I share many things in common from what we find funny to our politics. I hope that I am not choosing Mysterious Ex based only on the fact that we have known each other for such a long time. Yes I love him, but our relationship is a complicated one where I have been hurt or rather, we have hurt one another. Being with Mysterioous Ex just feels right. Even when seeing one another after three months, it just feels right. It doesn't feel as though any time has passed or any of the negative things that occurred between us happened at all. This is a very sticky situation. I can't say any more.

No comments: