4.18.2005

I Have No Idea What to Think

Eaten so far today:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, sausage toast
Lunch: Lots of mini pretzels
Dinner: Indian Chicken, Curried Cabbage and Romaine Lettuce

Hours on Phone: About 2

Resumes: 6

Exercise: 2.5 hours of yard work

Bought: Not a thing

I am very upset. I applied for this job about two weeks ago, maybe a little more. The application for this job was serious and the criteria was pretty high but, I MORE than exceeded what they wanted. I really only apply for jobs for which I am qualified. Anyway, this job wanted writing samples, essays, the whole shabang. Though I may not be a rocket scientist, I am a genius (really, with an IQ of 165 to prove it) and writing, especially the kind that floats the boats of professors, teachers, etc. is my strong point. So strong in fact that I have NEVER gotten anything lower than an A on any paper I have ever written in my life. Even when I was working in public schools and had to turn in IEP's (reports on a child's social and academic development) I was always praised for my writing.

So, after sending in a resume which obviously they liked, they sent me a second addition to the application which required 8 written answers, basically 8 essays. I sat there for hours writing, editing and spell checking my writing then I sent off my application. Today I received a letter from them basically saying they have a very stringent hiring process and I would not be granted an interview, even though I surpasssed their hiring criteria! I am not asking to be GIVEN the job but, not even an interview? That's B.S. if I've ever heard it.

I then e mailed the recruiting agent, even though I maybe should not have done that, asking her what specifically was wrong with my resume and application. I have yet to receive a response. I am just so fed up. I know that my experience is exceptional, I have great education background, it is just aggravating to think that there may be a possibility that the reason I may not be getting a job is because of my name (which is a dead give away that I am Black). That being beside the point, I would think having the experience I do and having attended and graduated from an Ivy League school for graduate studies would at least get me an interview. I'm so upset.

No comments: