9.07.2005

Look at this dumb bitch

I haven't posted anything about Katrina because truthfully, I didn't know what to say and I was very angry about the way things have been handled by our government and baout the way people who look just like me have been treated and portrayed in the media. But today, I was reading the paper (as I do everyday) and I was shocked and appaled by the statements of Barbara Bush, the president's mother and the former first lady. After visiting the SuperDome in Houston Texas where literally THOUSANDS of homeless hurricane victims are now living, she says and I QUOTE:

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working out very well for them,"


WHAT THE FUCK LADY! I mean Jesus, I don't care how poor you are or how little you have. Your home is your home, I don't care if it's a mansion, a studio apartment or a fucking trailer up on cinder blocks, it's yours. Does she think sleeping in a fucking sports arena with THOUSANDS of people is "working out very well for them"?! Can someone hit this woman with an intelligence stick? It is idiodicy like this that makes me angry. You better believe if she had the misfortune of losing anything of hers she wouldn'e feel this chipper about the situation. An ENTIRE CITY is gone! and all she can say is things are working out fine, on what planet could this possibly be true and what kind of crack is she on exactly?

She then goies on to say, AND I QUOTE:

"What I'm hearing is they all want to stay in Texas," she continued. "Everyone is so overwhelmed with the hospitality."

Who the fuck wants to leave their home like that? If all was well in Orleans, does she honestly think that ten thousand people would just get up and move to Texas? Give me a break chick. I don't care how hospitable someone is when I visit, ultimately, I want to go home and I'm sure these people would love to be back home too.

Then she says: MORE QUOTING:

Later, on "Larry King Live," she defended her son and disputed critics who say the delays in getting relief to New Orleans proved the President doesn't care about poor black people. "Now that one hurt because I know this President, and I know he does care," she said.

I'm not even going to touch that one, I'm truly too pissed off. Anyhow, very few mothers find fault with their "sweet baby boys" especially not in front of the entire country.

1 comment:

The Humanity Critic said...

Great post. Just passing through, I'm liking your blog by the way.