9.04.2005

And we're off!

I made the decision yesterday to have my baby the good old fashioned way. After I looked at those sperm banks for a few minutes I really thought, I can do this, I SHOULD do this. I thought and thougnt and came up with this guy who is sort of a psuedo friend, he's nice, we know one another but I wouldn't really call him a friend friend. I emailed him and asked what he thought and right away he was like "SURE"! He tells me, we could have a relationship, I've always thought you were a really cool girl and you're beautiful. I answered: Awwwwww!, that was sweet but, I just want a baby right now, I have just a few years to conceive and I don't want to get into something that may not work. I asked him to collect as much medical history for me as he could and asked him for baby and childhood pictures and he sent them in like a half hour. Needless to say, I was quite impressed. So, we spoke about STD testing (we are both negative for everything) he told me his blood type (for the Rh factor thing) and he tells me, I'm ready when you are. Cool. I've decided to start in about a month or two since I want to lose about 15 pounds BEFORE I try to get pregnant, plus, I want to tell my doctor and get prenatal vitamins and all that jazz. Hopefully (fingers crossed, knock on wood, praying to the Gods) this will work. I'm very excited but, I'm a big nut too, so I'm very, very scared. So, (Goddess PLEASE don't let him come across this blog) here's a picture of the two of us as babies. I think my baby will come out a little on the bright side, (at least for a black kid) but I think he/she will be cute, no?:






So here's hoping everything goes well and to a quickly conceived, healthy fat baby.

No comments: