7.08.2005

I was speaking with The Heavenly One and here is her take on the whole Mysterious Ex thing: She thinks that he and I should stay together, her reasoning being that he and I have been together thus far and we continue to work on our realtionship. She says that we as women grow up with this idea of what we think our partner, our man will be and many times, he may or may not be that person that we have in our minds idealized. She told me, Mysterious Ex is a good man. He loves you, you love him. Even though you feel he doesn't spend enough time with you, it is not because he is sitting on his behind or running the streets with other women. She tells me, when he is unable to see you, it is because he is working, or in the studio, which is working. He is trying to be able to provide a better life for himself and for you. She asked me to list the benefits of a marriage between Mysterious Ex and myself from my perspective. I told her, if we are to marry, I know that I would never want for anything. Financially, I know that I would be more than okay. I know that he would never hurt me, or mistreat me or be unkind to me. I know that he would not cheat on me, I know that I will live well, my children would be cared for and I know that I will be loved and feel loved. I know that our marriage, our household and our lives would be a partnership, I would be okay. My mom asked me if I were willing to trade that, if I were willing to throw that away for the unknown and I told her, I don't think so. She told me that if he and I are seriously discussing marriage and a life together that I cannot so easily decide I want out. She tells me, if the two of you have decided to try and make this work, then that is what you should do. She then tells me, do you think your father was EVERYTHING I wanted in a man? No. Of course he had some faults, of course there are things I would have loved for him to do more of or not do at all but, I love him, and he loved me and we had a great marriage, we had a wonderful partnership. If I had left your dad in search of something greater, would I have had the same life? No. Do I wish I had had a different life? Hell No. That is what love is, you accept the person, faults included. If Mysterious Ex's biggest problem is he works too much, you should be happy.

So, I don't know what to think because I know the reality of our situation and then I know how I feel. I know that when he is off doing all the things he has to do he makes me feel insignificant, as though I am what he thinks of only when he has time to think of me but, I know him and that train of thinking isn't him. I know that I mean more to him than almost anyone. I know that he loves me, I know that I am important to him and important in his life. But, even with all of that, I feel that there is an important part of our relationship missing. So, do I let him go and search for something that I think will be better or, do I stay with what I know and love and try to make that work? I mean, at this point in our relationship, the only thing that bothers me is I don't see enough of him. I feel that we don't spend enough time together, he has made significant positive changes in all other aspects of our relationship. I don't know if I am ready to let him go but, I don't know what is best for me.

No comments: