6.24.2005

Why Are People I Know So Crazy? (and does this mean that I too am crazy?)

My day has been quite busy thus far though, I haven't really done ANYTHING. I was supposed to clean my house, wash my couch cover and sheets, clean my downstairs living and dining rooms which since because I NEVER use them, are very dusty. I was supposed to then wash my hair, give myself a facial, exfoliate my skin and sew a shrug out of this big satin shirt I have (because I have gotten very fat and my arms are all jiggly, the dress I am wearing tomorrow to the wedding is a "tube" dress, not really a tube top style, but there are no shoulders, no straps so that's the best way to explain it) but I have done nothing. Why? Because I have been on the phone ALL DAY!

First, my cousin T called but I love her and she's wonderful so I really don't have anything to say about her other than I love her and she's my greatest, bestest friend.

Then, G called and got on my nerves, the funny thing is, I didn't realize it was her who was calling, (I didn't check the caller ID) but became so intrigued by what she had to say that I had to stay on the phone. Apparently her mother, HER MOM, is having an operation and asked if she could come to NYC (G used to live in NYC until about February when she and her fiance moved to Baltimore) to help her out for about a week. Mind you, G is not working right now so instead of saying SURE! like any decent daughter/son/friend would, she said no, BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT! Could you imagine?! But, she is coming to NY the following week to finalize plans on her wedding. HER MOTHER! Not the next door neighbor, not her aunt that she doesn't know and hasn't seen since she was 2, but her MOTHER, the woman who gave birth to her and raised her. I can't get over that.

Then a friend of mine called, I will call her The Girl Who Has a Really Great Life and Doesn't Even Know It. This girl is living some kind of life, she has a great job, great husband, UNBELIEVABLE house in a GREAT neighborhood (her house must be worth AT LEAST 4 million dollars) and 2 wonderful children but for some reason, this is not good enough for her, she wants more so she randomly screws people. I mean like meet them today fuck them tomorrow type shit. I really don't approve of what she does but, she's a great person, I really like her. So she's telling me this story about how she is screwing this man in her car, the car that her husband bought her outright, no loan, no payments just "here honey, here's your new car" the same car that she carts her children around in, while her husband is at home watching the children because she has to "work late" and in the middle of this story I literally tell her,

Me: "Just stop!, WTF are you doing? Do you even realize what you're saying? You're fucking some man in the car your husband bought you the car you take _______ and _______ to school in and what do you want me to say? Do you want me to laugh, do you want me to add something to your story or make some kind of comment? Why are you doing this? What do you get out of this? I don't want to hear this, you need to take a look at what's going on with you and decide whether you want to stay in your relationship or not because this is fucking ridiculous, you're being disgusting".


The Girl Who Has a Really Great Life and Doesn't Even Know It then tells me "Don't judge me, I need you to listen as a friend."

Me: "A fucking friend? You need a goddamned psychiatrist, why do you think this is right? Why do you think I am supposed to just sit here and listen to this?" (Her story was very graphic and though I won't give all of the details, it included the words: dripping, knees, ass, bent, carseat and dick. Mind you, the words: condom and safe didn't come up once, hene the dripping)

She then went on to discuss some argument she and the extramarital man had and she tried to compare my situation with Mysterious Ex to her situation with the extra man. That really made me upset. As f'ed up as Mysterious Ex and I are, I am not married to him or any other man and he is not married to me or any other woman. Neither one of us is betraying someone when we are having spats and none of our screwing (WHEN we are screwing) is taking place in some car. (Also, the car was parked in some parking lot, god, that's gross!) I think I'm going to go back to incubating myself at least from some people because I just can't take this. These people are crazy, and while I probably am too, somehow my craziness seems more contained than theirs, I don't know.

Eaten So Far Today
Breakfast: Oatmeal, Apple Juice (going back to fast on Sunday lost 9 pounds then gained 2 back)

Hours on Phone: over 5

Exercise: none, other than my mouth

Bought: dog food for Sam, and Scrapbooking supplies (going to start a Sam scrapbook since I don't have a kid)

Resumes: None, got called in for a sample lesson next week and an interview for a "FREE" school closer to home (when I find out what a "FREE" school is, I'll elaborate)

No comments: