4.15.2005

Just Another Day

This marks my first day as a member of the Chubby Girl Brigade. I'm not sure how this "journal" will turn out or what direction it will take or if I will keep it up at all. Since I must write only what I know, I guess this willbe a mixture of my life, thoughts, and whatever else it may evolve into.

I'll start with the basics:

Eaten so far today: Bowl of Frosted Flakes (nothing like a little help from Tony to start the day)
Hours on the phone so far today : Less than one (not much in the mood to run my mouth)
Resumes sent off so far today: 7 (we'll see what happens)
Exercise so far today: Managed to think about my four mile walk, then managed to quickly put it out of my mind

Well, another day another, ...whatever. I am here trying to figure out if my problem finding a job despite my qualifications stems from the fact that I am Black or because I am fat. Mmmm, maybe a bit of both, maybe none of the above.

I find it a bit strange that I send in resumes, am called back and everything seems to go well until I am actually seen. The look of "OMG, it's a Fat Black Woman" is one that I am quickly getting used to.

On the dating front, heard from Mysterious Ex a day ago. Seems he misses me, misses talking to me, the usual hulabaloo we usually go through. Things with us would be so much easier if I didn't love him. I don't know where this will go but, I'm willing to see it through.

New Guy called me today, FROM LUNCH. I thought that was pretty significant since we've only known one another for a few days. I thought lunch time calls we're reserved for those you really, really, liked or at least someone you think you can get a free dinner or some booty from before going home for the evening. He doesn't compare at all to Mysterious Ex but, New Guy has some nice qualities, we'll see what happens.


No comments: