9.11.2012

I'm EXHAUSTED!

Before I get into work, my phone starts. It's ringing, buzzing, being texted and emailed. This one is gonna be late, that one is early. A parent showed up, a parent didn't show up, someone forgot to do this, that or the other. I'm trying to get dressed, I'm trying to get the kid dressed, we're trying to get out the house. I'm trying to have a moment with my baby, the phone is ringing. It's buzzing, it's making noises I've never heard before. I drop Bubby off to school. I head to work. My phone is going off, it's doing stuff, why don't they leave me alone?

As soon as I walk int my office, I'm inundated with people, I have meetings, someone needs to be hired, someone needs to be fired. Someone didn't show up.  This lasts for about ten ours straight.

I head home. The SECOND I step in the door, "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" but, she hasn't seen me for 9 hours. I can't be mad.  I entertain, I laugh I listen, I'm tired.  We eat, cleanup, play, watch a kids show, I wash her up, get her to bed. I clean up again, get her clothes ready, get mine ready, sit down then, my phone starts again. Recaps of days, friends calling to vent, pregnant women calling to ask questions, my mama calling to see if I can open a bottle of water for her. I'm exhausted.

No comments: