8.09.2006

Egads!!

There was once a time when a vintage loving fat girl could get some decent vintage clothes for a very nice price. NOT NOW! Who knows what the hell is going on! It's like every fat girl in America has decided that they too need to wear or at least buy vintage clothing particularly my beloved era, the 40's to the 50's. What's going on? I'm very unhappy about it to say the least. The other day, I saw a GREAT vintage peignor set from the early 50's, the auction was ending in a bit so, I bid up to 50 bucks and Sam and I went for a walk. Back in the day, I would be able to snag something like this for like 10 dollars tops so, 50 is really stretching it. I come back, all ready to pay for my item and await my wonderful new gown in the mail when low and behold, not only did I NOT win the auction, the damn thing sold for 150 bucks!!! I just couldn't believe it. It's nuts. Today, I decided to scan ebay, just to see what's being offered and there is a plethora of goodies awaiting my bid, yay! A great, black satin swing coat from 1945 (yummmmm), a BEAUTIFUL dress from the early '40s and a wonderful evening dress from the mid 50's. Here it is, 7 SEVEN days left in the auction and some ridiculous b-----s have already bid these items up over 40 bucks! The '40s dress had 13 bids! What's wrong with these people? The auction has 7 SEVEN days left! Why are they bidding AT ALL? I hate them.

On a better side, I did buy a great '50s silk circle skirt for four dollars and I got that great bag over the weekend for 5. But still, I want that satin coat and I don't want to pay 400 dollars for it.

Eaten Today
Today, I was very hungry

Breakfast
mixed fruit - half a peach, couple of cubes of honey dew melon and some pineapple chunks then, 1 cup of oatmeal with pat of butter, handful of walnuts and brown sugar (yummmmm)

Lunch
Grilled cheese with turkey and a bit of mayo glass of homemade iced tea, watered down

Dinner
half a can of pineapple chunks in natural juice, 6 whole wheat crackers with a bit of peanut butter and two glasses of watered down homemade iced tea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

breakfast and lunch sound really good (dinner a bit lacking ;-)

my friend wants to try and sell her car on ebay. I'm supposed to help, cause she views me as technosavvy - but I've never been on ebay. well once, but it was confusing as all get out!

Anonymous said...

it sucks when other people discover your secret! hope you get your coat at a good price!

princessdominique said...

I hope you get a coat that you want too. Crazy when people start bidding that early. They're just hiking the price up unnecessarily.