9.22.2005

Good thoughts from a cool woman

I was reading this blog and saw her 10 rules for a pretty woman. It reminded me of something I wrote a few years ago:

10 Things Every Free Woman Should Know

1. What freedom TRULY means

2. How to earn a PROPER living, manage her money and financial life

3. How to manage a home, raising and cooking food properly, raising and feeding children properly (this includes prenatal and child bearing) caring for herself and her home regardless of whether she has a partner or not

4. How to defend herself, her home and her children

5. How to spiritually care for herself, how to find happiness from within without external validation

6. Sexual and physical health, what parts comprise her body, their functions, what is normal and abnormal in their basic functions and how to bring her self to sexual release

7. That she is okay with herself

8. That as a FREE woman, she has options and is the only one who can decide what she is to do with her life, and her body

9. The history of the Goddess, Goddess Worship, the Black Woman, Matriarchal societies and how it relates to her as a Free Woman

10. Herself

It's funny how I don't think I've followed all of those rules. Even though I know I should.


Also, I stole this from her:

Knowing your A - B - C's

A-Accent: I guess a Brooklyn accent within NYC, a New York accent every where else you know, chawcklit instead of chocolate, dawg instead of dog, cawfee for coffee, etc.

B-Breast Size: DD

C- Chore you hate: hate em all

D-Dad's name: Warren

E-Essential make-up: Fashion Fair Souffle - Brown Blaze Glo

F- Favorite Perfume/Cologne: Cross between Issey Miake and Lolita Lempicka

G- Gold or Silver: Silver

H-Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

I-Insomnia: Not at all

J-Job title: Teacher/Dean

K-Kids: Working on it

L-Living arrangements: By my damn self, well actually the cat and dog, if they count

M-Mom's Birthplace: NY, NY

N-Number of sexual partners you've had: really? um, I don't want to incriminate myslef, let's just say over 1

O-Overnight Hospital Stays: 3

P-Phobia: Aliens, scary

Q-Favorite Quote: real or for play? I guess: "ecstasy is uncut forest and the smell of fresh baked bread" from the temple of my familiar by alice walker or "He distrusted her affection; and what loneliness is more lonely than distrust?" from middlemarch by george elliot

R-Religious affiliation: Christian - Lutheran

S-Siblings: 2 brothers, 2 sisters, all older

T-Two You are Tagging: I guess Tevonda and Anna

U-Unnatural hair colours you've worn: Blonde, chestnut, jet black, copper honey blonde, red, auburn and a sort of orangey red

V-Vegetable you refuse to eat: black eyed peas, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

W-Worst Habit: mmmmmmm, I guess picking when I cut myself and procrastination

X-X-rays you've had: chest for bronchitis, ankle when I broke it, toe when I broke it, ear when I was a kid, and uterus, though that was more of a sonogram

Y-Yummy foods you make: where do I start man, I'm a mean cook. I guess my favorite things to cook are Indian style chicken with coconut rice and curried cabbage. My favorite thing to bake would be chocolate chunk walnut butter cookies or my peanut butter, oatmeal honey cookies. I get lots of compliments on my cheesecake and mocha cake.
Z-Zodiac Sign: Sagitarrius the archer

1 comment:

sj-the-infamous said...

Nice to meet ya, sista Sag....

And I love your 10 Things for a FREE woman....

Peace and Blessings ~ Morena